Project Proposal

 I have generated a few possible thoughts for the final project. 

1. Metamorphosis

I am considering to utilize the metamorphosis process of a caterpillar transforming into a butterfly as a metaphor to symbolize personal growth and the beautiful blossoming that occurs upon completion of the transformation. 

Location: Mudd Gallery

Worries: 

    1. people will not fully understand meaning.

    2. Too much work! 


2. Reflection

Creating a sphere by suspending mirrors and glass pieces using threads, that will have unique reflections when illuminated by sunlight or light from various angles. The interplay of the mirrors and glasses generates distinct patterns against an empty background, offering a visually dynamic experience that evolves with changing light conditions.

Location: Wiston Gallery/ maybe better space

worries: No sunlight/ no good space



3. A Goodbye
Since I'm going to leave here soon, I want to have a decent goodbye to my four-year experiences. Here are two plans for this project: 

1. Displaying photos suspended by threads, with a mirror on the reverse side. This concept is symbolic, emphasizing that not only are the past scenes worth cherishing in memory, but also the individuals I encountered along the way. The mirror means people play a crucial role in our reminiscences. 2. Arranging photos within individual frames to create a small hill-like structure. This arrangement symbolizes the accumulation of my memories over time, each photo representing a moment that has contributed to the overall landscape of my experiences. The hill formation conveys the perpetual growth and addition of memories throughout the four years.
Location: Mudd Gallery/ somewhere have a empty background 
worries: Photos may not look harmonious or consistent. 

Comments

  1. I love your ideas so much!, I think the butterfly room is VERY good because it makes an idea like growth very tangible. I would be up to help with the process if necessary !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like you could combine the butterfly concept and the goodbye idea into one. Being that butterflies are known to symbolize change, you can have the lifespan of the butterfly resemble the change you've experienced while at Lawrence.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment