Three Objects

The first object is the foil butterfly, crafted from surplus tinfoil I had acquired last year for bleaching my hair. Since I rarely use tinfoil for cooking, it ended up languishing in my storage box. This project was inspired by a TV show that reflected a character's life by featuring a poignant line about two caterpillars in a bleak cave.The character has a big wall of butterfly specimens, and I always wanted to have a butterfly wall because of the character. One day, while organizing, I noticed the tinfoil's reflective surface on my table. This sparked the idea to fashion a butterfly from the tinfoil and affix it to my wall. Then I thought I could cut the tin foil into a butterfly shape and glue it to my wall so that when there was light, I could see the whole butterfly.



The second object is a green pin, a practical tool that I find indispensable in my daily life. I have a particular fondness for the color green, which is why I chose this pin. Its utility is evident in its frequent use; I've lost count of the number of times I've reached for this green pin. It's a small yet significant item that seamlessly integrates into various aspects of my routine.


The third object is an inject print I created during a class last year. I've adorned the white walls of my dorm room with some of my photographs from the previous term. This one was casually placed on the back of my wooden door. When selecting this object, I surveyed my room and noticed that the door's wood texture harmoniously complemented the structure and texture of the photo, creating a sense of unity.


In general, I find that when I choose my objects, which is like Duchamp mentioned in readymade: At first I thought it was very ordinary, but later I found some attractive points that I like.

Comments

  1. I really like that you incorperated a thought about the background of the third object (or should I say that the door is part of the object). Either way I am very interested in how everything within a photograph contributes to the center focus as you seem to be. Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love that you not only have three varying objects but you also incorporate everyday objects. I use pins a lot too but would've never realized that is something I also couldn't live without. I also love how you transformed the tinfoil. This post was a great read!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment