Artist Talk: Cristian Andersson

 I was unable to attend Cristian Andersson's artist talk due to some conflicting events, and I've summarized a few points that struck me based on fsm's official website and Cristian Andersson's personal website. First of all, I would like to say that Cristian Andersson's first article on fsm about the reasons for starting fsm made a lot of sense to me. “There is a second “why” regarding the existence of this journal, and it is an extremely important one to us. It also has to do with equality...It is also possible that some people may not feel that are welcome, for any number of reasons.” A platform like fsm can provide a more "borderless, unhindered" exchange for different people who have different barriers to appreciating or communicating art. I think this is very meaningful. If some people can't express their opinions about art because of unnecessary obstacles, it may be a loss for the art world. It is very meaningful that more people can enjoy art together.

Another thing I want to mention is Cristian Andersson's I Feel a Second Heart project. In this project, body movement is a core element to show emotion and the main concept. But the ribbon is also really attractive in there. "The ribbon plays both the role of a visual timeline as well as a challenger to a naïvely hopeful, unobstructed life." By watching the video of this project, I felt that people's planned life can be disrupted by some sudden events. Or with the development of time, the planned life may bifurcate, and then the original individual or solo life will be associated with other people or things.


I Feel a Second Heart project video screenshot

Comments