Me and my world

I'm always feeling hard to describe myself because I'm somehow easily influenced by others. Now, with the rapid development of technology, people "around me" are not only in person. "The family circle has widened...Character no longer is shaped by only two earnest, fumbling experts. Now all the world's a sage" (McLuhan, 14). "Our new environment compels commitment and participation. We have become irrevocably involved with, and responsible for, each other." (McLuhan, 24). The Internet is a great platform to learn or absorb things, but it also will impact me. 



I'm a person always full of curiosity and imagination. In my world, I believe in the existence of parallel worlds. I always try to keep myself optimistic. Whenever I encounter something unsatisfactory for me, I tell myself that it will be better or won't happen in another world. "Whence did the wond'rous mystic art arise, Of painting SPEECH, and speaking to the eyes? That we by tracing magic lines are taught, How to embody, and to colour THOUGHT?" (McLuhan, 48) These great questions are something I also used to think about. Although some things are known to happen, if this thing does not turn out as I would like, or is not to my liking, I will persuade myself that maybe good things will happen in parallel universes. Sometimes I even think that a very small thing somewhere in my world right now might be a gateway to another world.

The sunlight flashed through the pine trees during the storm snow, making me think that the other world must be sunny.

My parallel universes also is a way to express my art. I may make my photo looks like the scene I want, the color I like, or the sense I love, like something I imagine in my parallel universes. 

Comments

  1. i relate hard to having difficulty describing myself when my own identity is so mixed up in other people and things and ideas going in all kinds of directions. You make an interesting point about parallel universes, it got me thinking about how parallel universes do exist in a certain sense anywhere on Earth outside the bounds of our own experiences. i have found myself forgetting that my own experiences do not constitute the whole of reality or even the whole of my own reality. if i am feeling awful one day, maybe someone i don't know on the other side of the world/universe who is a lot like me in certain ways is having a really good day, and that's something to be happy about

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment